In this unit, we discuss environmental issues, find out how we are helping to hurt our planet and finally think of ways to go green and awaken our ecological spirit.
Firstly, we will be discussing and learning new vocabulary related to climate change, and global warming.
Reading: Global Warming.
Brainstorm a environmental mind map.
Visit some of the following sites to read and learn more about this interesting and important issue in our lives.
- What is Global Warming?
- Interactive quiz: The Environment
- Animated guide to the effects of greenhouse gases
- My tips for protecting our planet
- A Primer: Global Warming & Climate Change
- Glossary of Climate Change Terms, Source - EPA
- Al Gore Announces "7 Point Pledge"
- The Effect of Global Warming
Watch the following videos and write your opinion:
For more videos, rollmio.com
Make a video or power point presentation explaining your environmental worries as well as some tips on how we can become green.
cartoon source: www.andysinger.com