Monday, March 31, 2008
Unit 7. College Life
VideoJug: You're Not In High School Anymore
Task 1. Giving Opinions about College life. Consider the following questions:
1. How do you like your university?
2. How many subject are you taking this semester?
3. What is your major? Why did you choose your major? Do you have any regrets?
4. Are there some professors that you can learn from more easily than others? What are the qualities that make you want to study for a certain professor? Who is your favorite teacher?
5. How did you decide which college to attend?
6. What are three big differences between your college life so far and your high school days?
7. Are you more independent from your parents now than you were in high school?
8. What is the most difficult class you have taken so far?
9. Are you a member of any student groups? Which ones? What do you do? Are you satisfied with what's happening with your group(s)?
10. What are the top three changes you would like to see happen at your university?
11. What are the top three things you hope to get out of (get as a result of) your university days?
Task 2. Click on the link. Read Tips for Adjusting to University Life and Resources at the Counseling Services and compare it to your student life in your university. Draw a mind map for each university.
Task 3. Phototalking. Take 3 photos of your student life and talk about it. Use snapvine to record your comments.